West Walls Artists are Cumbria’s longest established artist’s studio group.
Last year they celebrated our first 21 years with an exciting contemporary
art exhibition in Carlisle’s Old Fire Station Arts Centre. Braving Storm
Desmond hundreds of guests came to the opening night. The next day
Carlisle was hit by the devastating floods and the exhibition was
Now West Walls reopen to start a new conversation about contemporary art in
Carlisle and the region
Information • An opportunity to see a survey of two decades of art in Carlisle
• Cumbria’s longest established artists’ studio group... that means artists
collaborating to provide affordable studio space.
• Over 20 years the group has had many members and this exhibition will showcase
NEW artwork by 45 present and past associates.
• Members and associates work in many disciplines ranging from painting
sculpture and print; to film, video, installation and performance art.
• The group has run highly acclaimed public art events in Carlisle and Trafalgar
• West Walls are expanding their associate member scheme
• Many of our members are graduates or staff of the University of Cumbria’s Fine
Art Department, and the show is partly funded by the University of Cumbria,
and Independent Businesses.
Update on Facebook Event today: "The art works are making their way into the space little by little. Only 24 hours to go now til the opening of exhibition A New Conversation. Photos show some works as taster including Paul Taylor's A History of West Walls - a large format digital print, Kevin Phillips pen and ink works and superb sculptural work by Mark Gibbs. Come along Friday night from 6pm... Including music and bar."
Caroline Dalton 07856820680
Marilyn Laugesen 07708367272